1. Gymnasts competing all four apparatus for their teams were: Simone Biles, Angelina Melnikova, Aliya Mustafina, Elissa Downie, Eythora Thorsdottir and Jade Barbosa.
2. Most likely Daniele Hypolito’s last ever competition closing her 16-year long career. She competed only beam and contributed a score of 14.133 toward her team’s total. (UPDATE: She did not retire after Rio, notably she won gold on beam at the 2017 Varna World Cup)
3. Japan’s fourth place is their best team placement in 50 years. They won bronze at the Tokyo 1964 Olympics. In modern history their best result previous to Rio was Beijing 2008 where they finished 5th.
4.The team total difference between the fourth (Japan) and fifth place (Great Britain) was of only 0.009
5. By the time it was Simone Biles’ turn in the Floor Exercise she only needed to score a 7.592 for the USA to win.
6. Had China opted to use Fan Yilin on Floor Exercise and if she had scored the same as in qualification (13.500) China would have won silver by a 0.182 difference
7. The top three difficulty scores were:
- Fan Yilin with a 6.9 for Uneven Bars
- Aliya Mustafina and Rebecca Downie with a 6.8 for Bars
- Simone Biles with a 6.7 on Floor.
8. Three gymnasts scored a 15.933, the highest of the competition, on a single event: Simone Biles on vault with her Amanar and Madison Kocian and Aliya Mustafina on uneven bars.
9. The team’s ordained according to the difficulty they showed in the Team Final:
- USA: 76.1
- CHN: 75.2
- GBR: 73.7
- RUS: 72.6
- JPN: 72.1
10. If these team final scores had been achieved during qualifications the following gymnasts would have advanced to these finals:
- Fan Yilin to the uneven bars final in 4th place
- Rebecca Downie to the uneven bars final in 7th place
- Aliya Mustafina to the beam final in 5th place.
- Seda Tutkhalyan to the beam final in 7th place.
- Shang Chunsong to the beam final and floor final in 4th place.