1. While she did not get credit for her vault, Hong Un Jong, will go down in history as the first gymnast ever to attempt the Triple Twisting Yurchenko.
2. Simone Biles is the first U.S. Olympic Champion on Vault.
3. Giulia Steingruber became the first Swiss to earn an Olympic medal in gymnastics with her bronze on vault.
4. Oksana Chusovitina finished 7th on vault at her 7th Olympics and she has hinted she plans to compete at the 2017 World Championships.
5. Sophie Scheder is the first German-born gymnast to earn an Olympic medal since the German re-unification in 1990. The only other medal Germany owns at the Olympic level is the vault silver earned by Uzbekistan-born Oksana Chusovitina in Beijing 2008
6. Had Fan Yilin competed in the Uneven Bars Final and had she scored the same as she did in the Team Final (15.733) she would have earned the bronze medal.
7. The youngest competitor of the Uneven Bars final was Daria Spiridinova who is 18 years old.
8. Aliya Mustafina has earned the exact same colors in the exact same events at both Olympics: Gold on Uneven Bars, Silver with the team and Bronze in the All-Around. She has a bronze on Floor from London 2012 that she will not be able to duplicate in Rio as she did not advance to the Floor Final.
9. Aliya Mustafina now has the same number of Olympic medals as Svetlana Khorkina (7) however Khorkina earned them by competing in three Olympic Games.
10. Since Svetlana Khorkina defended her Uneven Bars Title in Sydney 2000 (she had won gold in Atlanta 1996) no gymnast had been able to successfully defend their Olympic title until Aliya Mustafina defended her 2012 Olympic Bars Title in Rio 2016.