The Cool Facts from the 2017 Baku World Cup
1. Diana Varinska’s and Wang Cenyu’s first senior international competition.
2. First competition where Angelina Kysla uses her married named Angelina Radivilova. She married Igor Radivilov a few days after the Rio 2016 Olympic Games ended.
3. Shang Chunsong qualified 7th into the bars final but scratched from the bars final competition, presumably due to injury.
4. The gymnasts that qualified in first place into the final were the same that won the titles:
5. The beam medallists had the same E-score, 8.233, they were separated by their D-score:
6. The field was dominated by veterans proof of that is that from all the individual medallists only Diana Varinska and Rianna Mizzen are younger than 20.
7. The home country won one medal, bronze on Floor (Marina Nekrasova)
8. Just like in the Melbourne World Cup in late February, Australia was the most decorated country with 5 medals. They medalled on all the apparatus and in the uneven bars they won two medals: silver (Mizzen) and bronze (Brown).
9. Emily Little was the most decorated gymnast with three medals:
10. Medal Count
- Australia: 3 silver, 2 bronze
- Romania: 2 golds
- Uzbekistan: 1 gold
- Ukraine: 1 gold
- Greece: 1 silver
- Slovenia: 1 bronze
- Azerbaijan: 1 bronze