The Doha World Cup debuted in March of 2008, celebrating the event every year in the same month with the exception of 2009 when it was held in September. The 2017 edition marked its 10th anniversary.
1. The first edition held in 2008, had the following winners
- Oksana Chusovitina: Vault
- He Kexin: Uneven Bars
- Deng Linlin: Balance Beam
- Jiang Yuyuan: Floor Exercise
2. Just like the first edition, the 10th edition held in 2017 had a meet where Oksana Chusovitina won vault and the rest of the titles went to Chinese gymnasts.
3. Aside from those two editions, the Chinese dominated the event by winning three of the four apparatus in both 2010 & 2011
- In 2010: Huang Qiushang won bars and Wu Liufang both beam and floor.
- In 2011: Tan Sixin won bars and beam while teammate Yao Jinnan won floor.
4. At the 2009 edition Slovenia’s Tjasa Kysselef, then a new senior, won the silver medal on vault, she collected a second silver 7 years later in 2016 and placed 5th at the most recent edition in 2017.
6. The winners of the 2012 edition were all future or past Olympic medallist in the apparatus
- Giulia Steingruber: Vault. (Rio 2016, Bronze)
- Elizabeth Tweddle: Bars (London 2012, Bronze)
- Catalina Ponor: Beam and Floor (Athens 2004, Gold)
8. Two gymnasts have won two titles in the same apparatus (Balance Beam):
9. Giulia Steingruber is the gymnast to have won more titles in Doha (5):
10. Jonna Adlerteg won the gold medal at the 2016 edition on uneven bars however her double layout dismount tore her meniscus and she was forced to miss the Test Event and therefore the Olympic Games in Rio 2016.
The official site of the event can be found: HERE