1. Great Britain won its first European medal in 2002 (Bronze, Bars)
2. Up until 2011 Elizabeth Tweddle was the only medalist Great Britain had.
3. Elizabeth Tweddle is among the few European gymnasts to own four gold medals on a SINGLE apparatus (Uneven Bars, 2006, 2009, 2010, & 2011)
4. Aside from Tweddle only four other gymnasts have medalled at Europeans: Hannah Whelan, Rebecca Downie, Elissa Downie and Claudia Fragapane.
5. Combining the medals the Downie sisters own they have medals in every single event plus they were both part of the 2016 British Team that won silver.
6. The Downie sisters do not own medals in the same apparatus:
- Rebecca has medalled on Uneven Bars and Balance Beam
- Elissa has medalled in the All-Around, Vault and Floor. (EDIT: Elissa now has a medal on bars)
7. The only other gymnast, aside from Elizabeth Tweddle, to win gold for Great Britain is Rebecca Downie. She won gold on bars both in 2014 and 2016. (EDIT: Elissa Downie won gold in 2017)
8. The British Team has won three team silvers (2010, 2014 & 2016)
9. Great Britain hosted the European Championships in 1973, 1996 and 2010 and is scheduled to host it in 2018
10. Medals won as host (2010)
- Gold: Uneven Bars and Floor (Elizabeth Tweddle)
- Silver: Team
BONUS: Watch Great Britain’s history at Europeans: HERE