1. During floor warm-ups in the qualification round Isabelle Severino sustained a double injury in her ankle that included a torn Achilles. The injury effectively ended her career.
2. Romania’s Cerasela Patrascu was injured during her uneven bars qualification dismount; she required two knee surgeries to recover.
3. Oksana Chusovitina won gold on vault despite falling on her second vault.
4 The home-country, France, won one medal: team bronze.
5. A tie was registered for balance beam silver between Alina Kozich (UKR) and Sandra Izbasa (ROU)
6. Last time Romania medalled on bars at a European Championships, Steliana Nistor won the silver medal.
7. Steliana Nistor had the highest D-value from all the finalists at the uneven bars final with a 7.3.
8. The reigning World Champion on Bars, Ksenia Semenova, became the European Champion on Bars.
9. The European Floor Champion, Sandra Izbasa, went on to become the Olympic Champion on Floor at the Olympics later that year.
10. Medal Count:
- Romania: 2 Golds (Team & FX), 2 Silver (UB & BB), 1 Bronze (FX)
- Russia: 2 Golds (UB & BB), 1 Silver (Team)
- Germany: 1 Gold (VT)
- Ukraine: 1 Silver (BB), 1 Bronze (UB)
- Italy: 1 Silver (VT), 1 Bronze (VT)
- Great Britain: 1 Silver (FX)
- France: 1 Bronze (Team)
Bonus: Watch a montage of the 2008 Europeans.